As a Physical Therapist, do you wish you had more opportunities to engage with your patients and form meaningful bonds?
Homecare is a field that promotes and provides for just that! Community Based Home Health or Hospice experience is preferred and payrate will be based on experience.
All-at-Home Health Care is seeking a Physical Therapist – Home Health/Hospice for some flexibility in working hours. Servicing patients in all of the Brighton, MA area. You must have a car or personal transportation to make visits, travel reimbursements provided.
What does All-at-Home Health Care offer me?
- A shared Vision to be difference makers and world changers for our residents, clients and the community.
- All-at-Home Health Care puts people before tasks: Staff are connected and part of a team of caring, hard working professionals!
The benefits you will get:
- $75-100 pay per visit
- $800 SIGN-ON BONUS
- $200 REFERRAL BONUS
- TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
- Current and Valid PT license in MA
- CPR Certificate
- Clear CORI background check
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Willing to travel to all the Brighton area
- 1 year experience in home care is preferred
As a Physical Therapist for Home Health, supporting the mission will include the following responsibilities:
- The physical therapist evaluates patients and develops physical therapy treatment programs in collaboration with the physician and provides physical therapy treatments to patients.
- Administers complex active and passive therapeutic exercise, therapeutic massage, and various modalities. Instructs, motivates, and assists patients / caregivers in learning and improving activities of daily living.
- Supervises and directs the efforts of the Physical Therapy Assistant, if one is assigned.
- Requisition and management of equipment and supplies required to increase client’s function and independence as appropriate to care.
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of treatment programs, plan of care, goals, and discharge plans for the patients as related to Physical Therapy needs and in conjunction with the physician.
- Makes revisions to the plans and goals based on changes in patient status. Initial & interim assessment of client’s level of functioning and recommends, in writing to the patient’s physician, the need for a rehabilitation program, goals and discharge plans, either restorative or maintenance.
- Upon receipt of the Physician’s order, interprets and implements those services and programs related to Physical Therapy. Ensures these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights, and State and Federal codes and regulations.
- Assists in coordinating Physical Therapy program with other appropriate health care providers / disciplines providing services to the patient.
- Completes and submits all required documentation within established agency guidelines.
- Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with physical therapy rehabilitation program.
- Observes and evaluates the performance of those assisting in the physical therapy program and provides guidance as necessary.
- Re-evaluates the patient’s progress and therapy program making changes as necessary and under the physician’s direction.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences as applicable and maintains ongoing communication with all disciplines involved in the patient Plan of Care.
- Contacts the physician with any changes in patient status or program, obtaining new orders.
- Maintains current, accurate clinical records; timely charts changes in patient condition, adverse reactions, problems with informal supports or home environment and reports such to the supervisor. Records are written the day service is rendered and reflect the current condition of the patient.
- Interprets Medicare guidelines. Responsible to obtain prior approvals as required by third party payers.
- Supervises and/or executes all skilled treatment programs as prescribed by the Plan of Care.
- Schedules patients with other team members. Instructs and informs the home health aide of the patient’s medical status and physical therapy program. Completes necessary HHA supervision form and HHA plan of care (aide care plan)..
- Instructs the patient, family, nurses, and HHA in the use of self-help devices, which are determined to be necessary for the patient’s rehabilitation.
- Integrates the work, efforts, and goals of Physical Therapy with other team members. Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to rehabilitation services.
- Promotes services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including on-site visits, attendance as expos, fairs, etc.
- Performs client/family education as appropriate. Provides supervisions to PTA’s and paraprofessionals according to State regulations.
- Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluate patient nursing needs.
- Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identify discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implement prior to discharge of the patient.
Salary: $75.00-100.00 per visit
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- Long term care
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Completion bonus
- Signing bonus
- Extended hours
- On call
- Choose your own hours/ flexible
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Physical Therapy Diploma
- Physical therapist experience: 1 year (Required)
- Home care/ Acute Care experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physical Therapy License in MA (Required)
- Driver’s License in MA (Required)
- CPR Certificate (Required)
Work Location: On the road (Brighton, MA)
Pay: $75.00 – $100.00 per hour
- Acute care
- Long term care
- Home Health
- Choose your own hours
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brighton, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Physical Therapy: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License: 1 year (Required)
- Physical Therapy License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person